Friday 7 March 2008

Upcoming excitment!

Last weekend I went down to London to visit Jen and see Insane in the Brain. It's a street dance ballet of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. If you have a chance to see it you must! I also got to visit with Taj for a bit and oh how I miss her. She's one of the few people from the theater department I truly miss. Also, the National East Coast Express or whatever provides a beautiful picturesque train ride through Scotland and England. My favorite part was seeing the ocean and snow in the same ride. Very beautiful.

Anyway, I have one week of classes and then I'm off for Easter Holiday/Spring Break. I'm super excited for two weeks off. I'm going to Hungary with the rugby team for a game, then my friend studying in Spain is visiting, then I'm off to Manchester to visit Christina and spend Easter with her. I believe our Easter will include dying eggs, eating candy/chocolate, and watching Slings and Arrows. Let me tell you. I absolutely LOVE this show. It's about a Canadian theater festival putting on various Shakespearean plays. It's really amazing and everyone should watch it. It's inspirational. Makes me want to do theater again.

What is it about the theater that I try to leave then get sucked back in...

The other amazing part of this Easter holiday is that I have two classes after it and I'm done with the "school" part of my program. Pretty exciting! As I'm sure I've mentioned, I only have two classes a week to begin with. Well the Czech film class is over because the professor went back to the home country for 4 weeks. REALLY? Who does that? Just leaves in the middle of term? Not really too upsetting though because that just frees up that Friday 3-6 PM time slot that was truly annoying. Now I have next Tuesday 4-5:30 then the first two Tuesdays of April and I'm done!

No comments: