Wednesday 14 November 2007

Sunny and 43

It's actually a beautiful day. But i'm inside hacking up a lung, sneezing, sniffling, and overall feeling like shit. Luckily, I don't have any class or obligations today so I can just lie in bed and watch the beautiful (if a little too cold for my taste) weather outside.

At the rugby game in Dundee on Sunday no one told me it's always colder there and silly me only wore a sweatshirt to watch the game. It also decided to drop ten degrees during that day all around scotland so now... I'm sick. Though stupid me only wore the sweatshirt, smart me bought a Tescos men's sweatshirt when we stopped in tescos after the game to grab some food before heading back to Glasvegas. The tag said 18 GBP but I only spent 13 on the sweatshirt, a sandwhich and a diet coke. Now I have a really nice and warm grey sweatshirt that i might try turning into a badger costume. Score 1 for me!

It's a little depressing that my "travels" have only included Dundee and London, but that whole blood clot issue kind of took away all of october and now I'm far too lazy with far too little time left before I head home for Christmas (well actually texas for christmas and NYC for new years). Trying to get my life back to normal is actually kind of hard. Anxiety and paranoia over my health is affecting me mentally, but luckily i'm basically back to normal physically. I still get exhausted easier than before (and hiking up the hill is not fun right now when i'm congested and unable to breath normally), but I'm functioning nearly at normal.

Last night, I went to a pub quiz with some of the rugby girls at The Loft on Ashton Lane. We won. We kicked ass. It was to raise money for the sailing club and we kicked those sailing boys' asses. Well we didn't actually kick ass till about the 3 round when we realized we were some how ahead of everyone else. It did get close right before the final round when we were tied with the sailors, but we pulled through the true/false round (thanks to Jen knowing that america does indeed have drive through funeral homes--my contribution to that was: "well we have a lot of drive thru everythings so why not") and won. Our prize: 100 GBP bar tab (all in one sitting and before 30/11/07 but still!). That includes food and drink. Well split 7 ways... we'll get quite a bit of bang for our buck especially since my contribution will be drinking two really expensive glasses of champagne (2 units and Doctor approved).

FYI I did kick ass in the few american questions such as... which comes first in the year? The Superbowl, Kentucky Derby, and World Series. UH... DUH... but apparently people just don't know that here.

Anyway, I'm off to go back to bed and drink more chesty cough in hope that I'll be over this cold. i did see the doctor it is in fact a cold, not a sinus infection or bronchitis, and no i won't die from it--though that was my fear earlier which proves i'm paranoid about every little sniffle and cough post stroke. grrrrreat.

PS this spring i'm applying for my PHD here. Wish me luck!

No comments: