Thursday 8 November 2007

Guy fawkes day


This is the remains of the rather large bon fire by the old church on my street. Plus they have more fire works here the the states do on the fourth. of course it's the neds, or the chavs, who are setting them off and it might be that i'm in a highly residential area of a good size city and not in the spacious 'burbs of kansas that makes it seem like there's more fireworks than in kansas (and we do have some big ones). I guess if I took the hometown, corporate woods, and lake shows and put them much closer together it might be similar. who knows. but they've been blowing shit up in my street for days now (before and after--monday was the holiday btw). Seeing smoke outside your 4th floor window is a little disconcerning. But speaking of fires. the alarm in the building went off as soon as i stepped out of the shower. I was not amused, but luckily it was silenced within 30 seconds and i didn't have to run outside in the cold.

No comments: