Monday 17 December 2007

Traveling Sucks

Every time I fly back INTO the country I get major delays. The last three times I've had to spend the night in the Chicago Airport hotels because my connecting flights get so delayed that I miss the final one to Kansas City. I never have this problem flying through Dallas. Experience says, perhaps I should fly through Dallas from now on?

Yeah, maybe. Especially in the Winter season. Everything is delayed coming out of Chicago today, though the weather channel kept telling my mother the airports were clear. Liars.

So tonight, if lucky, I'll get home around 1 or 2 in the morning. If I'm unlucky, I'll spend a night in the Chicago Airport Hilton and get a flight out in the morning. Already booked the flight for tomorrow, though the woman said that I should remain optimistic and that perhaps my final flight will be so delayed that I can still make it.

I'm not in the kind of mood to hold out on that. I woke up at 3:30 AM today. Scottish time. It's now 6:54 PM Boston time. That makes it about midnight in Glasgow. Making me one fucking tired traveler that might not even get on her plane until 24 hours after she woke up.

Also, WHY did i have to get off the plane in Shannon just to go through US customs, get searched, and reboard? There must be a better way of doing this.

No comments: