Wednesday 25 February 2009

Donkey Punch the Movie?

OK, I can handle a lot of stupid shit but who decided a donkey punch would be a good premise for a horror film? And when did they decide that it could POSSIBLY be an accident, because last time I checked punching a woman in the back of the head didn't normally happen during sex. Not to mention, who wouldn't assume that there would be at least SOME major damage?

Well, last summer a film called Donkey Punch came out over here in the UK. Some how I missed it. I get the premise--it's rather I Know What You Did Last Summer meets Urban Legend--a bunch of young people vacationing meet up, decide to party it up on a yacht in the middle of the Mediterranean. They talk about the urban sex myth called the "donkey punch" (while orgasming a man will punch his partner in the back of the head) then they all pair up and dun dun dun someone actually does the titular act and a young woman winds up dead, so what do they do? Throw her body overboard and say it was an accident; however, wrap her in a sheet first because THAT is how people usually fall off yachts and drown.

I have two major problems with this though, a) it's basically glamorizing sexually assaulting women, cause I'm pretty sure she didn't sign up for the blow to the head even if it wasn't meant to kill her, and b) what kind of friends let some guys just throw your friend's body over board? Yeah, you're in the ocean, yeah you are out numbered 3 to 2, but still, have some damn respect for your friend! I think I'll make it a requisite for all my future travel companions that if someone donkey punches my head in, that my friends won't let them throw my body over board.

Ok, I realize the girls do end up fighting back and what not, but still, I think there was a bit more they probably could have done prior to throwing the body overboard. The trailer just makes it seem like AFTER the body is off the boat the girls start getting upset. I guess, I'll just make sure I never have sex on a yacht with some drunk guys I've just met in the middle of the sea.

Anyway, here's your trailer:


No comments: